TRIPS / EXCURSIONS / WORKSHOPS
8TH OCTOBER 2015 :WORKSHOP BY MODICARE
The workshop was conducted for classes VII and VIII. A workshop was held by Medicare organization in the school premises on 8th and 9th October 2015. The workshop was conducted with classes VII and VIII . The topics discussed were sexual abuse, responsible sexual behavior, and internet . The students were divided into two groups, boys and girls separately.
The children took part in the workshop enthusiastically. They listened to the speakers with keen interest
and raised many queries related to the topics. The workshop involved group activities viz. case study,
“make the sequence “ and role plays . In the end the students put their questions anonymously in the chits which were answered by the speakers.
8TH OCTOBER 2015 : WORKSHOP ON MASS MEDIA
The workshop on Mass media was conducted for the students of Classes XI and XII by Mr.Rohit Varghese from 98.3 FM famous as Recharge Rohit. He talked about his career as a Radio Jockey with the help of a power point and interacted with the students.
1ST OCTOBER 2015- WORKSHOP BY USA UNIV QUEST
A workshop was conducted by Mr.Arindam Mukherjee of USA UNIV QUEST for the students of Class IX ,X and Classes XI ,XII in two separate sessions.
The first Session was for Classes IX and X the topic was -Rat Race In India –Pitfalls and Smart way out (need of the Hour)-this was an instructive seminar which focused on empowering the students to make an informed career decision based on an enhanced and smarter knowledge of education trends.
And second session was for Classes XI and XII the and topic was –Expanding horizons (opening international career options for Indian students ).The engaging seminar threw light on career options in broader fields of engineering ,medicine ,commerce /Business,Arts and Humanities.
30TH SEPTEMBER 2015: THE COUNSELLOR’S MEET
On 30/9/15, a meeting was held for the counsellors and special educators of the three Schools, at Somerville School, Vasundhara. The following were the main points discussed in the meeting:
- Special cases were discussed in the meeting. The experiences and the suggestions of the other personnel helped gain valuable insights in the case.
- Brainstorming on whether there should be an inclusive education or not for the special children.
- Various Organizations and firms that are providing support to the special needs children.
- The agenda for the next meeting was outlined.
- Topics of the workshop to be held jointly in all the three schools were discussed.
- A feedback form was circulated.
- VEDIC MATHEMATICS
- CANCER AWARENESS PROGRAMMES
- SCULPTURE AND CLAY MODELLING
- FIRST AID
- TIME MANAGEMENT
- CREATIVE WRITING
- DANCE WORKSHOPS-SPIC MACAY
- WESTERN MUSIC
- LIFE SKILLS
- ADOLESCENT ISSUES AND HIV/AIDS
- DEALING WITH STRESS
- THEATRE WORKSHOPS
- JAZZ DANCE WORKSHOP
- PERSONAL GROOMING
- ETIQUETTE AND MANNERS
Students are taken on educational trips to enhance their knowledge .
- Parliament House
- Humayun’s Tomb
- Red fort
- The National Museum of Natural History
- The Triveni Art Gallery
- The Sahitya Kala Kendra
- The Science Museum at Pragati Maidan
- The Nehru Planetarium
- Dilli Haat
- Vigyan Bhavan
- Rashtpati Bhawan